Monday, April 2, 2012

Still Searching for work....

So on March 22nd my seasonal employment with Hale Groves ended until November later this year. I was one of the few kept on as long as possible. Wondering what I did there?!?!? Originally, I took from order for Hale Groves, but then I was moved to the Internet department; where I answered incoming emails for Hale Groves, and also was on Live Chat. In the end, I was mostly Live Chat and did some extra marketing work.

I was so sad on my last day, I had to get all my stuff...But my manager said he put my paperwork through to HR, and I was eligible for rehire for the upcoming season, I will be contacted when season started again. Also possibly there will be summer work for me too, so my manager asked if he could keep in touch with me over the summer. YAY!!!! I applied for my unemployment last Monday and I got my determination letter in the mail today, of course I was approved, YAY, that will help out tremendously.

Even before I applied for my unemployment I was filling out job applications, and even more now. I have been on a few interviews, but nothing concrete yet. It has definitely made things hard, but we are getting by. Rent is paid, food in the house, electricity and water are on, kids are happy and that is all that matters. Everyone now a days goes through rough patches with the economy being so bad lately.

Lately Nate has been getting upset with the amount of time I have spent on the internet, but its not like I'm on Facebook or Castleville or my blog ALL day, Mostly I am filling out job applications or searching for jobs to apply too. Plus with his sleeping schedule he has no room to talk, LOL. But he is the only one working in the family and I am busting my booty to find another job. Right now even if I only find part time work, it's better then nothing at this point. He wants me to go back to serving and although I want to as well, I don't know if I really want to go back to serving. I almost want to go back to office work for awhile. I think I need a change of job scenery.

I have a few draft posts I am working on, not ready to publish just yet. I sent in a survey for a review of a child's toy, I hope I get it. Still have to finish my post on Hazing and Bullying, plus my Birdie's Playhouse post....So much to do on the blog, with not a lot of time in the day to do it all in.

One thing I have been thinking of doing, and a general rough day by the hour of how our day around our house goes. It can get quite interesting...

So I am off for now...Going to go work on the blog drafts and check out Craigslist for some more job posting...Toodles for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment