Sunday, February 19, 2012

Too Long...I know...Several Awesome Updates!!!

I know I left again. We have been having internet difficulties lately. But now everything is fixed. We gave Comcast the ax, don't even want to go into it. We are happy with U-Verse. I love it. I'm not happy with their channel line up, but it is something I can get used to. My son is definitely not happy that it does not include Sprout TV, which means no more "Super Why" He loves that show, and although at times I feel it can be corny, It is a very good educational show.

Things have been a little stressful here, we are one of the millions of Americans that are still waiting for their tax refund still. We filed on 2/1/12, and at first we were told we would have it by February 21st, then it was changed to February 14th. We on Friday, hubby and I decided we would give it a rest and quit obsessing when it would come cause we know its coming, its just really hard when you need that money. So I made it to Sunday without obsessively checking and the message i received was we should have it by February 23rd. And Hubby said, "So much for their 21 day promise". Its not really a promise from the IRS that we will receive it within 21 days, that is just the normal processing times for the IRS, but I think when they implemented this new pay system, i think it was, everything got screwed up, and i know a lot of my local friends are either getting them a week early or a week late. I really truly hope this money comes before the 24th, but I know i can wait until then.

We know exactly the van we are getting, there's a hint to one thing we are using our tax money for, is finally getting a bigger vehicle!!!! But without any type of money we cannot do much about it. Here is a picture of it. I really hope we can get it

Isn't it beautiful!!! Just perfect for our family size.

In more good news, I finally got my sewing machine, Thank to my wonderful mother!!!! I had originally asked for hers, thinking she didn't use it anymore, but she cannot locate it in the hanger, she decided I did not need her old one, but a brand new one. So she bought me a Singer Heavy Duty 4100 series. I love it. I haven't used one since i was a teen and it was my moms i used. I had no problem threading the bobbin, but I am having problems threading the machine properly, and all the thread is bunching on the bottom. When I told my husband he said I will help you with it on Monday on my day off. So tomorrow he is gonna help me and i can finally get to sewing!!!! YAY for me!!!!

Here is a picture of the Sewing Machine she got me. I am in love with it. After my mom said she was going to buy me one instead of giving me hers, i told her i didnt want anything special, something with plenty of stitch choices, nothing too fancy or expensive. I love her to death, she knew I needed something to last me. My 1st project, is my 1st cloth diaper. Nothing too fancy or special. I dont have all the materials to make it at this exact moment. I still need some hook and loop and FOE, and i want some regular elastic. I like the look of the FOE, but i know it wont work for every type of cloth diaper.

Here is a picture of what i have so far, sorry for the poor quality, they were taken on my phone.

It is made from one of my husbands old huge t-shirts and one of my sons old baby blanket. It has only 3 diaper layers, but i am attaching an internal soaker pad as well. It's ok if I dont every use it daily, but its my first trial diaper, and im proud of myself, and so is hubby.

I know the stitching on the internal soaker isn't correct, but its not done, cause of the thread bunching on the bottom. But it is only my 1st attempt. So i know it wont be perfect. Before i attempt to buy all my fabrics, including PUL, I want to get some good practice. Plus i have tons of things i can use around the house to make diapers, covers, inserts, and cloth wipes. Plus i want to attempt a few wet bags too.

He asked me if i could get a good hang of doing this, could I make them at home and sell them, and i told him absolutely, So we will see how good i can get!!!

Here is some random thought for you all...What would the world be like without us?

No comments:

Post a Comment